Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Break?? What Break?

Okay, does anyone really know a teacher who takes the summer off completely?? Yeah, me either!
This past Friday was the last day for teachers! Woohoo! I took this weekend off and enjoyed being with family. It was my fiance's honey do shower this past Sunday! What a great experience for him! The support we have from both of our families and friends is unimaginable. We are blessed!
 Here he is opening some manly gifts. lol



Here is a picture of us with his mom, stepdad, and two sisters!



Ross and I at his Honey-Do shower!


My mom and dad, my sister, brother in law, and my godchild Dalton with us at Ross' Honey-Do!


This would be the rest of Ross' family! Their support means so much to us! I am a lucky girl to marry into such a great family!


Since then, I have been hanging out with this lovely lady cat. Ten years ago today, my nanny took a turn for the worse. I was 13, upset, and not knowing what to do with myself. My dad didn't know what to do to make it better for me, much less my mom whom was losing her sister. He came home and saw me upset and said "go get that cat you wanted." Like any 13 yr old would do. I dried my face and ran up the street to my neighbors and picked out this kitty. She''s been by my side every since. I tell Ross daily "I pity you whenever this cat passes away." She is finally kind of starting to warm up to Ross. She has a personality and does not like loud anything, bad weather, or chaos (just like me). I've been hanging with her yesterday and today while working on stuff for next year. Yes you heard correctly, I am working on stuff for next school year.




So far, I haven't done too much but a lot of planning! That's where it all begins! I did create a new newsletter for my classroom and decided to sell it in my TPT store!! 
Here is a preview!

If you would like to download it for only $1 CLICK HERE

Like I said... does anyone know a teacher who truly takes the summer off??
Summers are just an excuse for us to be locked out of school so janitors can properly clean our rooms and we technically just work from home. Well maybe that's just me... and all my friends. lol

See ya next time!


-Kristi

6 comments:

  1. Hi, Kristi! Yes, that's how I spend my summers! After all, waxing the floors is more important that preparing an academic program, right? Just kidding, of course! I teach 5th grade in North Carolina, math and science, though I've also been self-contained. What do you teach? If I can be of any help, let me know - I love to mentor! My blog is growingin5thgrade.blogspot.com Take care, Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat! I teacher 5th grade Math, Science, and Social Studies as well in South Louisiana!! I've been self-contained as well, but loving teaching 3 subjects! :-)

      Delete
  2. Are the text parts of this editable? I LOVE this design, but I teach preschool at my church so I need to rename of the boxes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice News letter. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The link led me to tpt, and it is $3.50 not $1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was $1 at the beginning of the products post in 2013. Since it is a multi-page document that is editable and includes copyrighted clipart thar I had to purchase I had to raise the price. I hope you understand. :-)

      Delete